Monday, May 30, 2011

Its growing!

so I have had so many people this past week ask me.... so whats your big news..... well for all those who are wondering what it is ... here is just a few little hints to help you out.... the seed has been planted.....and its already GROWING!! and were so excited !!
Now to let you ponder that for a few minutes .... I have wanted to sit down and do some major up dating. I now have a computer to do that but for some reason when I wanted to upload the pictures I could not find the camera cord for the life of me .... last week I found it and then this week I went to get the camera and just like that the camera is no MIA.....and I would not be surprised if the col prate is Grayson cause recently lots of things have just gone missing and well the toilet is also been clogged for about a week !!
Anyways so no new pictures for you yet... though I have a few on the computer from this past week ...so here is just some of the things we have been up to the past 2 weeks ....

#1 Renovations......
 I know so gross ..right! well we discovered that the down stair bathroom had been leaking water which meant mold and a big mess .. but wait to you see what a wonderful job my husband did with the shower.. before and afters to follow at a later date  ( when I find the camera)
 #2 rain rain rain.....and Haydens taking advantage of every drop. He had been waiting for it to rain so he could use his new rain jacket and well it rain for a week straight ....


 #3 playing on our new deck ...
Bradshaw was also busy on his week off building a deck.. and we love it .. so on one of the nights that the rain held up we decided to get out side and have a bbq over the fire with some friends and it was just so much fun!



 #4 and FINALLY ..... what everyone is waiting for is......

our very exciting news .... is that Bradshaw and I took the plunge and decided to become gardeners .... ya so exciting right? We actually had lots of left over dirt from the spot we built the deck and we had no idea what to do with it... as it grew bigger decided that we should just make it into a raised garden bed..only problem is neither of us have any idea how to garden... so we got Hayden excited about it and helping out , took him to the store to pick out the seeds... I read up on some gardening tips and then we dived right in and planted our first garden...

It was so stressful  Grayson was miserable , we were trying to hurry before the rain came again... Hayden wanted to help with everything , Bradshaw andI had no idea what we were doing , what to put together how far down to dig things , and even what half the words meant on the back of the package... but we pulled though and did it , now if it turns out that will be a miracle....we just want to teach Hayden a little about hard work and have fun while doing it .

 we planted tomato plant, strawberries , red, orange and yellow peppers, baby carrots , lettuce and onions and the most important one is the rattle snack beans that Hayden picked out and has been caring around the house for the past 2 weeks anxiously waiting to be able to plant it !
so sorry for all those who were expecting better and bigger news.... but you obviously don't read my blog enough to know that I love my boys but they are also the best birth control anyone could ask for....

2 comments:

Just Rhonda said...

hahahahaha LOVE it.

Amy said...

Oooh your first garden, that IS exciting. Trial and error, you'll figure it out.