Thursday, March 15, 2012

Enjoying some winter...

This year was going to the coldest  in years , and predictions were we were to expect so much snow and below freezing weather for most of the winter.... I prepared myself for a winter of hibernation... and ended up being pleasantly surprised with a winter that included lots of sun , beautiful spring like days and NO snow.... I have to admit I have loved not having to bring out the hats and scarfs just to run to the store for milk, or warming up your vehicle for 20 mins for it to run properly let alone be warm... shoveling the sidewalks .. or how about boots .. I have been able to wear my spring and summer flats which I usually put away all winter!! How wonderful is this? This winter kinda reminded me of when we lived somewhere warm like Texas.. I mean I was still swimming in the ocean in Dec there but you know for Canada that's pretty darn close.. I LOVED IT !! but ... as much as I loved this weather , Hayden really missed the snow, he got excited when a little bit of white stuff would be on the ground in the morning... he instantly wanted to go out and build a snowman ,.... which we honestly did not make one single one this year... or snow angels ... but what he really wanted was to just be able to go tobogganing ...... so 2 weeks ago when we ended up with a little snow fall and it lasted more then one day we jumped on it and hit the hill by our house so the boys could enjoy a family home evening with some snow...by the time we got there the snow was spars but they seemed not mind that they were sledding on wet grass... or that they were going pretty slow.. they ran up and down that hill and went over and over again .... until the wind came up and we were all frozen .. and even then hot chocolate almost was not a good enough bribe to get them to come home .....





No comments: