Thursday, December 8, 2011

whats going on around here!

This is a much needed update on many posts I have been meaning to do now... and honestly every night I have every intention on doing it , then around 8pm I have been crawling into bed still with intention to update my blog and I usually fall fast asleep with in 5 minutes of being in bed...

Post #1
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MICHAELA.....
It was my sister birthday on Nov 25, I can not believe she is 17 already, being 10 years apart I got to watch her grow up and I can understand now how my parents must feel.. but she really has grown up into a great person other then some minor female mood swings she often has, she really is a very loving caring person...and I'm grateful she is my sister!




Post #2 Christmas is here at the McClung home...
Were in the full swing of Christmas here at our home, I LOVE this season, and look forward to it much of the year. I would have gotten the tree up sooner but two things stood in the way... 1.. Bradshaw set some rules out this year... NOTHING until after American Thanksgiving is over!  so I waited and waited and waited ... and then he broke in and let me put it up the Sunday before American Thanksgiving! what a great husband! 2. we seemed to not have enough time to find a night that would work to actually get the thing up..
WE also got our lights up this year!!! HURRAY finally, we bought our house 3 years ago and bought lights 3 years ago and this year they finally got up... and they look great ..also Thanks to a great husband and some nice weather and me and the kids bugging him! 
This year we also decided to do our Advent calender alittle different , with Grayson not aloud to have chocolate we through out the idea of the chocolate ones and decided to do Christmas books .. Haydens preschool had a Christmas package of 20 books for like 25$ so I jumped on it and then found 4 extra ones at the store then wrapped them all up.. and each night before bed they take turns opening it up and we read  them it before bed. Hayden has just loved this idea and is now super excited to open all the presents that are wrapped ... Next I need to finish wrapping and get going on my Christmas baking ....








Post #3 Grayson First.....

He was in major need for a haircut , which I was putting off, cause even though his hair always looked like a rats nest , when it was nice with gel it was so cute and curly. So I compromised and told Bradshaw I would trim it up BUT I was keeping it long enough  to have curls in the back still.. Grayson loves his hair combed and played with so it was pretty easy to get him to sit for me to do it !!


 Post #4  The Santa clause parade...
This year we bundled up and headed to For McLeod with out friends the Hubbard for the Santa Clause parade.. It was windy and cold..and most of us forgot mittens and hats ( you would think seeing we live here we would have been a little smarter) so most of us froze, but the kids had fun, and the parade was good..

High light of the trip ..... craft sale shopping and the homemade stew her Mr Gunderson made for lunch... defiantly made it a worth while day!



1 comment:

Chelsea Belle said...

Great up date!
The Santa Clause Parade is a childhood fav of mine...next year I'll hafta join you guys for soem good nostalgia!